- As resource managers consider increased groundfish monitoring, fishermen have mixed responsesThe New England Fisheries Management Council will vote Sept. 30 on changing its requirements for groundfish monitoring, which helps inform scientists about the health of fish stocks and determine quotas for different species caught each year.
- Stepping out and helping out: Maine volunteers have come through during pandemicWhether it’s through farming, rehabilitating computers or making personal protective equipment, the state has distinguished itself through those willing to help others when help is needed the most.
- Stormy forecast: Preparing Maine for climate-fueled winds and floodingMaine’s climate plan will need to address marked disparities in storm preparedness within the state, and better support the communities that are most vulnerable and least prepared.
- Chasing Maine: The MessengerRhiannon Pelletier-Guerrette, a principal ballerina with the Maine State Ballet, uses her athleticism to convey stories of love, conflict and struggle on stage.
- Environmental Notebook: Severe drought sparks emergency federal farm loansDeclining water levels coupled with no rain in sight leaves Maine farmers especially vulnerable with fall harvest in swing.