- Maine’s COVID-19 vaccination rate among highest per population in USState CDC director warns it’s a “matter of time” before the variant strain of COVID-19 is detected in Maine.
- Chasing Maine: The Road WarriorsSnowstorms are a way of life in Maine. Clearing the streets before dawn requires a massive effort. Hop on board with Portland’s plow team road warriors to see how it’s done.
- ‘All We Can Save’ anthology advocates new paths to climate actionWomen leaders offer insights and inspiration for tackling the intertwined social, environmental and political challenges we face.
- Giving thanks to those who support independent journalismOver 400 people contributed to the Maine Monitor’s 2020 Sustainability Campaign, capping a year of growth, change and impact journalism at the Maine Center for Public Interest Reporting.
- Maine’s public defense agency acknowledges it didn’t enforce rules on attorney qualificationsThe Maine Commission on Indigent Legal Services is nearing a vote on a sweeping overhaul of requirements for attorneys who represent the poor. Members were stunned to learn existing rules for protective custody cases have not been enforced for nearly a decade.