- The Uninvited Tragedy: A wedding — then six funeralsThe deaths and infections from COVID-19 in a long-term healthcare facility continue to pile up, leaving families in mourning after a super-spreader event about 100 miles away.
- CMP, Avangrid spent dark money to drum up support for controversial power corridor on top of record-breaking $11.3M public campaignA lawyer for the dark money conduit, Mainers for Clean Energy Jobs, said the financial ties between it and the utility would have been disclosed by Sept. 7 under new ethics guidelines. But now that the referendum is off the ballot, the extent of those connections will go unreported.
- Maine’s two virtual charter schools see increased enrollment, longer wait lists during pandemicWhile most Maine schools are adapting to online learning for the first time, Maine Virtual Academy and Maine Connections Academy have been online-only for more than five years. Though students are flocking to them this year, the schools haven’t solved all the challenges posed by virtual learning environments.
- Chasing Maine: The Goat FarmTen years ago, Hope Hall and her family decided to chase a dream of living on a farm. What they didn’t expect was to become an internet sensation. Videos of their baby goats in Cumberland now attract millions of viewers from across the globe.
- Cottage Industry: Small wood homes yield big climate benefitsMaine could get a large economic boost and provide critically needed housing by manufacturing compact, highly efficient homes.