Subscribe to our newsletter
Start receiving the latest stories and updates from The Maine Monitor in your inbox.
- Launching a sustainability acceleratorMaine can’t wait to finance clean energy and climate resilience.
- Domestic abuse linked to 43 percent of Maine homicides in 2018-19A panel calls for expanded community response and better cooperation between government, advocacy groups and schools to reduce the deaths.
- Maine’s legislature could become first to require divestment of public funds from fossil fuelsThe bill has sparked constitutional arguments and a debate over how more than $17 billion of state funds should be invested to best serve the public.
- Average taxpayers pick up the tab when wealthiest, corporations pay no taxA fair share of the burden should be more than the zero in taxes that many of the wealthiest corporations currently pay.
- Federal judge dismisses wiretapping claims at Maine jailsLawyers and clients were unable to show that Securus Technologies intentionally recorded their calls at county jails, a federal judge ruled.