- Maine to walk away from multi-million dollar Juul settlementMaine was set to receive about $11 million as part of a nearly $440 million settlement between the manufacturer and 33 states and territories.
- More than 40 percent of Maine high schoolers report mental health problems, new survey saysAbout 19% of students seriously considered attempting suicide in the last 12 months, including more than 40% of gay, lesbian, or bi-sexual students.
- Why the Sappi mill became a flashpoint in the governor’s raceMaine’s connection to its dwindling paper industry makes the relationship between a paper mill and a dam a delicate political issue in this election year.
- Maine’s average teacher salaries lag rest of New England states, data showsThe National Education Association (NEA) reported that Maine teacher salaries, on average, were just over $57,000 in 2020-21.
- Looking for a cake mixer, finding a medieval manuscript in WatervilleA bargain hunter discovers a leaf from the 700-year-old Beauvais Missal while dropping by an estate sale.