Subscribe to our newsletter
Start receiving the latest stories and updates from The Maine Monitor in your inbox.
- What more can be done? Some are haunted as child deaths in Maine continue to rise‘Nothing’s changed’ in the child welfare system, says a former school nurse who will never forget a 10-year-old girl who suffered so much.
- An online impeachment crusader wants restrictions lifted, and her beliefs heardJessica Rainville, a voice actor from North Berwick, says COVID-19 restrictions inspired her to go after Gov. Mills.
- Opioids: A continuing epidemic, within a pandemicAs COVID-19 captures the public’s attention, Maine’s battle with opioid addiction rages on.
- How prepared are Maine’s electric utilities for climate disruptions?Making the grid more climate resilient will take planning grounded in science and localized power generation.
- Chasing Maine: The Air ShowBlue Angels, dramatic aerobatic flights, small protest are all part of the Brunswick air show scene.