Subscribe to our newsletter
Start receiving the latest stories and updates from The Maine Monitor in your inbox.
- The Maine Monitor sues York County for jail call recordsYork County refused to release records about times it may have recorded and listened to phone calls between defense lawyers and people held at the jail.
- Gov. Mills lets public defense changes become lawHard-fought reforms to Maine’s public defense system were enacted on July 15 without the signature of Gov. Janet Mills.
- Legislature produces results with work on climate change initiativesOn top of agreeing to divest from fossil fuels, lawmakers pass 10 measures that promise to reduce carbon emissions and adapt to climate impacts.
- Chasing Maine: The Antique Car ShowThe weekly antique car show in Cumberland allows anyone to bring a classic car or simply admire the vintage beauties.
- The changing face of electricity generationHow renewable power is reshaping electricity markets.