- Podcast: ‘Black Immigrants in the Whitest State’A new episode of Feet in 2 Worlds’ podcast series “A Better Life?” examines the racial disparities of the coronavirus in Maine.
- Fleeing to Maine from climate disastersMaine’s climate plan must address the growing number of people moving here in the wake of catastrophes elsewhere.
- Ongoing drought shrinks Aroostook County potato yieldsThis year’s potato harvest was met with an unrelenting drought that diminished crops and tied up water resources for Aroostook County farmers.
- Chasing Maine: The HarvestersMaine’s potato harvest is a grueling, four-week marathon of 12-hour days. At Double G Farms in the Aroostook County town of Blaine, the Garrison family produces 14,000 tons of potatoes a year. This year, a prolonged drought has made the ground harder to dig.
- Public Health Notebook: COVID-19 cases at Maine colleges remain lowAs the University of New Hampshire struggles, the UMaine system and other in-state colleges and universities have had success in limiting the spread of the coronavirus.