- The Maine Monitor, Samantha Hogan, win national recognitionHogan’s 2020 project, “Defenseless,” captures honorable mention for investigative reporting in the Institute for Nonprofit News’ nationwide journalism contest.
- As COVID-19 grinds on, stress piles up for public health workersUnlike other natural disasters, the nearly 2-year-old pandemic has no predictable timeline. ‘The exhaustion is palpable.’
- How ‘green’ is Maine? Recycling data is so incomplete, state experts don’t have clear pictureOut of nearly 500 municipalities surveyed by the state last year, fewer than 150 reported back.
- The fruitless effort to primary Gov. Janet MillsA grassroots effort to challenge the incumbent governor has one problem: Its candidate doesn’t want to run.
- Chasing Maine: The rodeo clownA rodeo clown discusses what it’s like to partake in the most dangerous eight seconds in sports.