Subscribe to our newsletter
Start receiving the latest stories and updates from The Maine Monitor in your inbox.
- Gov. Mills lets public defense changes become lawHard-fought reforms to Maine’s public defense system were enacted on July 15 without the signature of Gov. Janet Mills.
- Legislature produces results with work on climate change initiativesOn top of agreeing to divest from fossil fuels, lawmakers pass 10 measures that promise to reduce carbon emissions and adapt to climate impacts.
- Chasing Maine: The Antique Car ShowThe weekly antique car show in Cumberland allows anyone to bring a classic car or simply admire the vintage beauties.
- The changing face of electricity generationHow renewable power is reshaping electricity markets.
- The biggest Olympic event is politicsFrom what it takes to get the Games, to what sports are included, and of course the national prestige factor, world politics drive the Olympics, even through a pandemic.