Subscribe to our newsletter
Start receiving the latest stories and updates from The Maine Monitor in your inbox.
- Conserving land to save our futureAmbitious state, federal and global targets for protected lands could help slow the intertwined climate and extinction crises, and support local food production.
- Hunger remained high throughout the winter, but federal aid staved off organizers’ worst fearsWhile Maine food banks distributed more meals since March 2020 than they did the year before the pandemic, demand for heat assistance slightly decreased.
- Chasing Maine: The Boarding SchoolJust another day at school for these Carrabassett Valley Academy students who combine academics with high-level training in skiing and snowboarding.
- Trump’s impeachments are behind, but legal problems continue to loomDonald Trump survived two impeachments but now that he’s out of the White House, his future remains uncertain with legal challenges on the horizon.
- Study recommends re-evaluating most MaineCare rates every five yearsMedical providers have long felt the methodology to determine how much they get paid from Maine’s Medicaid program was flawed. Armed with new data, the state must decide if and when to make changes.