- Diagnosing abuse requires collaboration and expert advice, child advocates sayThe advocates say assessments done in Maine child protective cases are not thorough and continue to leave children at risk in their homes.
- Mills delays while LePage takes swipes, setting up a 2022 election like no otherDespite the lack of a formal announcement, experts expect the incumbent governor to confront her predecessor and nemesis.
- DEP proposes fining Sprague for Sears Island plastic spillBits of plastic from the December 2020 accident are still surfacing, a Friends of Sears Island official says.
- Shortage of workers in the state results from COVID-19, plus an aging population‘Help Wanted’ signs reveal that Maine is a model for the nation.
- After years of spills at Waterville site, Pan Am Railways says it cleaned up its actPan Am, which is going through a corporate merger, blames aging infrastructure and a submerged pipe for some of its problems.